Friday 1 May 2015

Growth mindset - The Power of Yet!

Room 8 has been learning about what a growth mindset is this week.  When Miss Bolton was away at her MST days, she learned a lot about what a growth mindset is, so she has decided to teach us about it too!

A growth mindset is all about how you think about learning - you might say "I don't know how to do that yet"  or you will give something a go and if you fail you will learn from your mistake and try
again.

If you say you can't do something, or you won't give it a go because you might fail - that is a fixed mindset.

Watch this clip - how does it relate to having a growth mindset?




11 comments:

  1. That is so true befor I didn't know how to type has fast as i do now I keeped saying "I can't do it" but i didn't say "I can't do it YET" then after trying over and over again I got it that means to never give up on your deams.

    -Layton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comments on someone else Layon.
      By Lihai.

      Delete
  2. That cool good. I like how you did heap of detail. Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I alway's newthat people never gave up

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can learn anything as well I can learn maths and reading

    By Kaumea

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can learn anything as well I can learn maths and reading

    By Kaumea

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats amazing course he can stan on a skinny rock in the dessert.

    By Tapu

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is all so true.I alway's want to try some thing but I alway's get it wrong.But just because I got it wrong then and can't do it know doesn't mean I can't do it yet,right?.
    -Tui

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I will tell you that no can not be good at anythink but everyone say keep trying.As what you do just kia kaha keep going.
    By Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a cool video. It is good because it has lots of things that little children has learnt. You Can Learn Anything.

    ReplyDelete