Wednesday 5 December 2012

Emotion Poems

In Room 8 we have been learning about similes.  Similes are when we compared two things using the words like or as.

Miss Bolton showed us some blogs where other students had written emotion poems.  Here are the links:

Year 3 class from Australia

Belmont Primary School from Auckland

Here are some of our emotion poems:

                           SHYNESS
                           Harmony

Shyness is like going to a new school for the first time ever.
I see people laughing at me about how I dress!
I hear whispers in others ears about me!
I smell gross school lunches.
It tastes yuck and really fatty.
Shyness feels afraid and nervous! 

                          FEAR
                          Ants

            Fear is like being trapped.
            I see shadows lurking,waiting.
            I hear creaks and knives clanging.
            I smell blood and fire.
            It tastes rusty and curved.
            Fear feels insane and painful.

           pain 
           pain feels like getting punch in the face you fall down  and you know that you will  
            lose the fight.
            It feels painful like falling down and hitting your head on a rock.
             I taste my blood dripping  down my nose.
             In your head you hear noises saying get up get up. by Aloysius


Happy.
 Happy is when you hear giggles like laughs.
It's when you smell delicious chocolate cake with icing on top of it.
Happy is when you see people having fun like playing the game tiggy .
It's when you had a slice of chocolate cake.
Happiness is when you have fun.
By Kevin

             



8 comments:

  1. Hi to everyone in Room 8,
    I've just been reading your poems and I think they're great! The one on fear put shivers up my spine. I particularly liked the line that said, "It tastes rusty and curved." That's such a great description of fear.

    I'll be showing the Year 3 Superstars your poems tomorrow. I know they'll be impressed too, and very happy to see a link to our blog.

    Keep up that wonderful writing.

    From,
    Mrs Wolfenden
    Year 3 Superstars
    Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Room 8,
    Wow, you guys did a great job.
    The one I REALLLLLLLY LOVE this poem



    Happy is when you hear giggles like laughs.
    It's when you smell delicious chocolate cake with icing on top of it.
    Happy is when you see people having fun like playing the game tiggy .
    It's when you had a slice of chocolate cake.
    Happiness is when you have fun.
    By Kevin.

    I'm from cvivian.edublogs.org
    Bye
    From Haotian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Room 8
    We like the FEAR
    Emotion Poems
    from Maysa and Sharlette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Room 8,
    We really like your emotion poems.
    My favourite poem was shyness.
    Did you see our emotion poems from our blog?
    I hope you like it!!!
    My favourite sentence was this one because it sounded funny. The other students laughed at how I dressed.
    From,
    Daryl and James Year 3 superstars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danica and Alanna6 December 2012 at 16:51

    Dear room 8,
    We really like your emotion poems. Our favourite one is theshyness poem it sounds amazing.
    From Alanna and Danica,Year 3 superstars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora koutou katoa Room 8,

    Wow, I have just read everyone's poems. The descriptions are superb!

    As for reading my son's fear poem... far out! Our family are most impressed. Ka pai Ants!

    Well done to you all Room 8 on your emotion poems, keep up the fantastic mahi.

    Ka kite,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realy like all of the poems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realy like all of the poems.

    ReplyDelete